The Conference of Parties to the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change, or COP21, was held in Paris, France, November 30-December 11, 2015. After two weeks of fierce negotiations, nearly 200 countries adopted by consensus a new plan, known as the “Paris Agreement,” meant to combat the effects of climate change, slow global warming, and aid poor countries in adjusting to its negative impacts.
- The Agreement Document: http://unfccc.int/resource/docs/2015/cop21/eng/l09r01.pdf
- 7 Details About the Agreement (including when it will enter into force): http://www.cop21.gouv.fr/en/more-details-about-the-agreement/
- Complete coverage of the conference from The New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/news-event/un-climate-change-conference
- The United Nations official Conference site: http://unfccc.int/2860.php
- The host country website for COP21: http://www.cop21.gouv.fr/en
- 10 Videos to Understand Climate Change (from the COP21 conference site): http://www.cop21.gouv.fr/en/learn/10-videos-to-understand-climate-change/