By Rachel Evans
1L, 2L or 3L, you all know by now that the library is more than a place for books or reference help. The library has (hopefully) been a place of refuge for you over the last academic year where you can come unwind, set goals and focus. With the end of the semester looming, it is vital that you take care of yourself as you prepare for exams. The library each spring offers a selection of stress busters to help you get through finals.
In addition to our usual activities listed here, we are also excited to partner again with the law school’s Student Affairs office to bring you three sessions of Yoga for destressing during reading days. Kiz Adams, UGA’s Work-life Balance Coordinator, former faculty member and J.D. class of 1989 will give three 20 minute sessions for students to un-wind with poses geared toward relieving tension in the neck and shoulders. Each session will also include a brief re-focus portion giving students the opportunity to practice mindfulness before leaving the room. Students do not need to come in any special clothing or bring a mat since the two indoor sessions will be on carpet. Mark your calendars to join us April 25 in Classroom L of the Law Library and April 26 in the Walker Room of Dean Rusk Hall at 12 noon. On April 27 Kiz will give an outdoor session on UGA’s North Campus green space in front of the library. Stay tuned for more details for that!
- Yoga Destress sessions – Work-life Balance Coordinator Kiz Adams on April 25 (Classroom L), April 26 (Walker Room), April 27 (Outside).
- Seated Chair Massage – Massage therapist Krystal Elliot returns with 10 minute slots over 5 days in Classroom L. We emailed a link for sign up Wed. April 18 to students!
- Puzzles – Put together one of the library’s many puzzles at the library Reference desk during reading and exam days.
- Coloring – Ask for a coloring kit from someone at the Circulation desk
- Big Screen Word Search – During reading and exam days a large touch screen will be located in the library foyer.