The Law Library has a new employee in the administrative office suite of the annex: Keven Gilbert. Hired in August 2017, Keven holds a bachelors in English from Georgia Southwestern State University. He has a background in journalism, previously holding a position with a newspaper of which he commented “you most certainly learn something new everyday.” Get to know Keven a little more in the interview with him below, and stop by to give him a hearty welcome to the School of Law community:
- How long have you resided in Athens, and what brought you here in the first place? Music brought me to Athens. I first moved to Athens about 18 years ago to play in a band. I worked in restaurants during the day and played music with my friends almost every night.
- What instruments do you play? I play guitar, sing and write songs.
- What do you like to listen to? Some of my favorite artists are Songs:Ohia, Velvet Underground, Neil Young and Beachwood Sparks.
- Can you tell us a little about the band you are in? I’m lucky enough to play in a band with my close friends. We’re called Noseeum. We don’t play often enough, but we realize how lucky we are to live in Athens, so we try to play a show every now an then.
- Could you share a little about your family and your favorite things to do around Athens? I’ve been married to my wife Cathleen for 11 years. We have a two year old son, Mick, and a dog named Darl. We’re looking forward to cooler weather, so we can spend more time outside, visiting our friends and exploring North Georgia. We’re also planning a winter vegetable garden. We try to visit our families in South Georgia frequently.
- What are you currently reading? I’m reading a biography of the songwriter and musician Jason Molina.
- Do you have a favorite scenic spot on campus yet? Since coming to work at the Law Library I’ve been enjoying eating my lunch around North Campus, usually on a bench in front of New College.